Nutrition plays an essential role in health and wellness. Choosing the right foods in the right quantities and combinations can help you maintain a healthy weight, manage existing health issues, prevent disease and illness, and ultimately help you thrive.
Medisys’ Registered Dietitians have the knowledge and experience in nutrition-based medicine to optimize your health and well-being and help you achieve your goals — whether that’s weight loss/gain, increasing energy, feeding your family more healthfully or training for a big race.
Dietary limitations, nutrition knowledge, cultural backgrounds and a busy lifestyle are just a few of the many factors that can influence diet, so every patient requires a customized plan.
Our Registered Dietitians take the time to develop a deep understanding of your health history, goals and challenges, then use a number of strategies and tracking metrics to deliver meaningful results that last.
Our team delivers personalized nutrition plans to address a range of issues and topics, including:
- Weight management
- Glycemic control (diabetes, high blood sugar levels, hypoglycaemia)
- Cardiovascular health (cholesterol, triglyceride and high blood pressure)
- Gastrointestinal health (irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, Celiac disease, diverticulosis, constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux, bloating, gas and other gastrointestinal disorders)
- Pregnancy (management of morning sickness, prenatal vitamins, weight gain, food safety)
- Sports nutrition (optimizing performance)
- Hormonal balance (chronic fatigue, menopause, andropause)
- Emotional nourishment (controlling cravings and eating habits under the effect of emotion)
- Feeding a family
- Maximizing energy levels
- Bone health
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner ideas
- Maintaining a healthy diet while travelling
- Adopting a vegetarian diet
- Trending diets (ketogenic, Mediterranean, paleo, intermittent fasting, and more)